THE TEE SHIRT IN JERSEY
We recently introduced our new Hemp Blend Jersey range. The cloth is a fine lightweight knitted jersey that’s 55% hemp, 45% organic cotton, and the perfect weight for a summer tee, like The Tee Shirt.
Our Tee Shirt pattern is a versatile wardrobe staple that features a breast pocket, optional rolled up sleeves and a stretch rib neck. It can be sewn in a wide range of fabrics, from linen and cotton to fine wool and needlecord. As we’ve historically sewn The Tee Shirt in woven cloth, we thought we’d include a few tips on how to sew this pattern in our Hemp Blend Jersey.
Sewing The Tee Shirt in Jersey – a helping hand!
- Use a ballpoint needle
- For all the construction seams, use a very shallow, short zigzag stitch, instead of a straight stitch so that when the garment is worn, the thread won’t snap.
- For the neck rib – when edge stitching from the right side, ensure its sitting flat and then edge stitch as per pattern.
- Use a short shallow zigzag stitch for the hem.
- Use a pressing cloth throughout and don’t over press or use too much heat.
- Note: We didn’t edgestitch the sleeve head or the shoulder.