It’s time to create your heart’s desire from oilskin. Win £500 and the chance to see your pattern in production.
This competition is open to anyone. We invite you to design and make a bag, coat, top or accessory from oilskin. For the first round we ask for a toile of your design, with a drawing and instructions for making, with a preferred fabric suggestion. We will then shortlist up to 10 designs. These finalists can choose their desired oilskin, which we will send out to them free of charge. The completed item should then be sent back to us and from these designs one overall winner will be chosen.
Our range of oilskin can be seen here.
Extended entry time! See below.
Please send all entries or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The prize is £500 to spend at Merchant & Mills. The winning pattern belongs to Merchant & Mills; Merchant & Mills has the rights to purchase any of the finalist patterns at agreed amount, not more than 50% of the prize monies.
- All entries must be received by 28th March 2018. After judging, the 10 finalist finished designs are to be received by 30th May 2018.
- The winner will be notified before 10th June.
- All entries must be original designs; any infringement of copyright or if any design is deemed to be passing off as somebody else’s work.
- Anyone may enter as many times as they wish.
- Merchant & Mills cannot guarantee to return all initial designs.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.