Staff Summer party July 2021.
We are looking for a full time retail assistant, you’ll be working in our Rye shop and in our online dispatch team (also located within the shop), preparing and sending out orders. Please note this is not a creative role.
We are looking for somebody to work Wednesday – Sunday, 9 – 5. The Saturday and Sunday shifts you’ll be working in the shop, and in the week, you’ll be working in the online dispatch team. If you are interested in working for us but are not able to do those specific hours, we would suggest still applying as we can be a little flexible. However, for clarity please state this in your application.
Ideally, we are looking for a start date of mid-September, but again this is flexible. We normally ask potential candidates to come into the shop for a paid trial day. If you are successful, full training will be given.
Your duties will include:
- Cutting and folding fabric orders, with speed and precision.
- Gathering and collating all items for orders accurately.
- Booking out orders with couriers, preparing documents.
- Taking in deliveries from our warehouse.
- Serving in our shop, advising customers about their projects confidently.
- When our sewing school reopens you’ll be required to set up the space and potentially meet and greet students.
- Experience working in a retail environment is essential.
- Excellent customer service manner.
- Positive can do attitude with an abundance of energy!
- Sewing knowledge is essential.
- A familiarity of our brand and patterns is desirable.
- You’ll need to be able to lift heavy rolls and boxes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to multi task, work well in a team and take direction well.
- Experience working in online dispatch is a desirable, but not essential.
Merchant & Mills Benefits:
- 30% discount on all products.
- A monthly cloth allowance to make up one of our patterns.
- All patterns are free.
- Bi monthly appointments to a local wellness centre.
- Opportunity to grow and progress within a small but growing business.
- The starting wage for all employees is the real living wage.
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Daisy on [email protected] by 31st August. In your covering letter please include answers to these 3 questions.
- Somebody comes into the shop on a weekend and wants to start sewing – what suggestions would you make?
- Tell us about the most recent thing you’ve made.
- What is your favourite fabric to sew with?