Make the Ellis
Level – Intermediate
Ellis is great made up in laundered linen or cotton and is a dress suited for all seasons.
This class is designed for those who have completed some of our simpler designs such as the Fielder or Camber and want to take the next step up.
We will cover the following:
- Accurate top stitching.
- Creating gathers or pleats.
- Creating in seam pockets.
- Creating small accurate darts at the neckline.
- Setting in sleeves.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Tweaking fitting issues.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
What is included in your class:
- The Hattie & Ellis pattern
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop from time of booking until your class finishes.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- Lunch on both days.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
- You have the option of having the pattern posted to your before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class!
Fabric is not included in this class.
We find this dress works well in linen as well as light to medium weight denims, do not choose anything too heavy because of the gathers.
We strongly suggest that you choose a plain fabric as the pattern matching required for checks and stripes takes a long time to do and can impact on completing the projects within the time allocated.
Ideally it is best to prewash your fabric before your class, as all fabric will shrink a little on the first wash. However if you go for our laundered linens these have already been pre washed.
|Sizes 8 & 10||Sizes 12 & 14||Sizes 16 & 18|
- Our courses are non refundable or transferable unless we have a reserve list and we can fill your space.
- We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.
- 10% discount can not be used for purchases of future classes.