Make a Dress – Level 2
This class is designed for those who have either completed our level 1, or have done some beginner dressmaking projects and want to develop their skills further.
We will cover the following:
- Inserting a collar.
- Working with curved seams and hems.
- Attaching stretch ribbing to a woven fabric.
- Creating in seam pockets.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Tweaking fitting issues.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
You will have the option option of making one of these patterns:
- Dress Shirt
The likelihood is that you will only get one dress made, but if you are speedy you are welcome to start work on another!
What is included in your class:
- Lunch on both days.
- 1 of the patterns listed above, any extra patterns are an additional cost.
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop for the duration of your class.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
Please note you have the option of having the pattern posted to your before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class!
Fabric is not included in this class.
Ideally it is best to prewash your fabric before your class, as all fabric will shrink a little on the first wash. However if you go for our laundered linens these have already been pre washed.
If you want to select your fabric on the day of your course, please come approximately 20-30mins early to give you enough time to select something.
|120cm wide||140 - 150cm wide|
|120cm Dress/Top||130cm Dress/Top||140cm + Dress/Top|
|110 - 120cm wide||120 - 140cm wide|
OUT OF STOCK
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.