Make the Dress Shirt
Level – Advanced Beginner
The Dress Shirt is a lightweight, versatile dress inspired by Grandpa’s shirt. It is a relaxed, classic cut to be worn loose and is absurdly comfortable. Includes a rolled up sleeve or a short sleeve.
This class is designed for those who have done some beginner dressmaking projects such as the Trapeze or the Camber and want to develop their skills further.
We will cover the following:
- Working with curved seams and hems.
- Accurate top stitching.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Tweaking fitting issues.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
What is included in your class:
- Lunch on both days.
- Dress Shirt pattern.
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop from time of booking until your class finishes.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
Please note you have the option of having the pattern posted to your before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class!
Fabric is not included in this class.
We highly recommend you use a laundered linen for the Dress Shirt as this really fits the design.
We strongly suggest that you choose a plain fabric as the pattern matching required for checks and stripes takes a long time to do and can impact on completing the projects within the time allocated.
Ideally it is best to prewash your fabric before your class, as all fabric will shrink a little on the first wash. However if you go for our laundered linens these have already been pre washed.
|110 - 120cm wide||120 - 140cm wide|
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.
10% discount can not be used for purchases of future classes.