Make the Heroine Jeans
Level – Experienced
The Heroine jeans are fitted to the waist with a straight, generous leg and a healthy turn up. We find these jeans incredibly flattering and comfortable.
At the beginning of the class you’ll get to try on the calico toiles to determine which size fits you best.
This is an experienced class so we ask that you are a competent sewer with a fair amount of dressmaking under your belt. You don’t need to have made jeans before.
Skills you will take from this class:
- Inserting a zip fly.
- Working with heavyweight denim.
- Accurate and confident top stitching.
What is included in your class:
- The Heroine Jeans pattern.
- Lunch on all 3 days.
- Machine thread.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop from time of booking until your class finishes.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
- You have the option of having the pattern posted to you before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class! We recommend using the table of measurements under the tab ‘fabric requirements’ to ascertain your size.
- We are offering a payment plan for this class. If you would like more information about this please email [email protected]
We recommend using 8 – 12.5oz non stretch denim.
Please give yourself enough time to buy your denim and get it pre washed in order to bring it to the class ready to begin.
We strongly suggest that you choose a plain fabric as the pattern matching required for checks and stripes can take a long time to do and can impact on completing the projects within the time allocated.
A note about pre washing your denim:
Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash. You don’t need to use detergent if you don’t want to.
- Wet the fabric first before putting it into the drum.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- Or if you have your pattern already you may be able to break it into smaller parts by looking at the lay plan – leave some wiggle room!
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
|Size 6||Size 8 - 12||Size 14 - 18|
|120cm wide without nap||2.15M||2.45M||2.65M|
|140cm wide without nap||1.50M||1.90M||2.40M|
|150cm wide without nap||1.45M||1.55M||2.05M|
|Pocket fabric 110-150cm wide||0.30M||0.30M||0.30M|
- Our courses are non refundable or transferable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
- We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.
- 10% discount can not be used for purchases of future classes.
- 10% discount can not be used at the concession store in Liberty London.