Make the Landgate
Level – Advanced
This jacket is made for the outdoors! Big pockets for dog walking, a large hood for windy coastal walks, and roomy to fit a cozy jumper underneath! It features a drawstring waist (optional), side and front pockets and a funnel neck with zip fastening.
The Landgate requires a fair amount of top stitching and accuracy so we recommend you have completed some intermediate dressmaking projects first. This is also an ideal make to gift someone as a present.
We recommend using oilskin or dry oilskin, but you could also use a cotton canvas or denim.
Please note this is a unisex pattern.
We will cover the following:
- How to follow a paper pattern, learning about the pattern markings and what they mean.
- Following a lay plan and cutting out your fabric correctly.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size ( we will have samples to try on).
- Inserting a zip.
- Working with heavier weight fabrics like oilskin, denim or canvas.
- Making buttonholes.
- Accurate and confident top stitching.
- Inserting a casing.
What is included in your class:
- Lunch on all 3 days.
- The Landgate pattern.
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop for the duration of your class.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
- This class is limited to 6 students.
- You have the option of having the pattern posted to you before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class! We recommend using the table of measurements under the tab ‘fabric requirements’ to ascertain your size.
- We are offering a payment plan for this class. If you would like more information about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend using oilskin or dry oilskin for your Landgate, but you could also use a cotton canvas or denim.
If you think at some point you would want to wash your Landgate, if you've made it from something other than oilskin or dry oilskin, you'll need to pre wash your fabric ahead of time. You can either buy your cloth in advance if you know what size you will make or you can buy it when you get here if you'd like to try on a sample first - this would need to be oilskin or dry oilskin.
|120cm wide women/men||140cm wide women/men|
|Chest: women and men||Length: women/men|
|XS - XL||Extra Small||Small||Medium||Large||Extra Large|
|UK Sizing||6 - 8||10 - 12||12 - 14||14 - 16||16 - 18|
OUT OF STOCK
- Our courses are non refundable or transferable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
- We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.
- 10% discount can not be used for purchases of future classes.