Make the TN31 Parka
Level – Advanced.
TN31 is a relaxed and versatile interpretation of the classic fishtail parka. Lined or unlined it can work for all seasons. It has side pockets, front welt pockets, a back vent and optional drawstring waist. In this class you can make the lined or the unlined version. Choose either to make it with the ribbed collar or the attached hood.
This is an advanced class so we ask that you are a competent sewer with a good amount of dressmaking under your belt. You don’t need to have made a coat before.
Skills you will take from this class:
- Working with heavier weight fabrics like oilskin or wool.
- How to sew a concealed button placket.
- How to make welt pockets.
- Inserting a lining.
- Working with stretch ribbing.
- Accurate and confident top stitching.
What is included in your class:
- The TN31 Parka pattern.
- The TN31 Hood addition.
- Dry Oilskin fabric, cotton ribbing to match and all relevant notions. If you would like to use something that is not dry oilskin the cost of the course will be adjusted depending on the cost of fabric. Lining fabric is also included if you are making the lined version. We recommend the Barrier Lining, if you would like to use something else the cost would be adjusted.
- Lunch on all 3 days.
- Machine thread.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop for the duration of your class.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
We require you to cut out the paper pattern and your fabric prior to attending the course. After booking your place, we will contact you to arrange your fabric choice so that we can send the pattern and your chosen fabric to you for you to prepare it in time for the course. This will give you more sewing time in the class!
Please note we are offering a payment plan for this class. If you would like more information about this please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to select your fabric on the day of your course, we have allowed 15- 20 minutes for you to do this.
|6 & 8||10 & 12||14 to 18|
|120cm wide, without nap||3.15M||3.2M||4M|
|140cm wide, without nap||2.65M||2.8M||3.2M|
|150cm wide, without nap||2.45M||2.65M||2.85M|
|6 & 8||10 & 12||14 to 18|
|120cm wide, without nap||3M||3.1M||3.25M|
|140cm wide, without nap||2.55M||2.75M||3.1M|
|150cm wide, without nap||2.3M||2.45M||2.85M|
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.