Pattern Matching Masterclass
Level – Intermediate
In this class we will be making the Factory dress. The Factory is inspired by working women, with a dash of the Twenties. It slips over the head, features pockets and ready-rolled up sleeves, it is an easy relaxed fit.
It’s easy to be seduced by stripes and checks, but sometimes the thought over matching everything is overwhelming! You will be taught by the pattern matching master Chrissie who can match patterns like no other! The skills you learn in this class you can take with you to all sorts of dressmaking projects. Many of the Merchant and Mills checked and striped fabrics are ideal for this project.
What is included in your class:
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Factory pattern.
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop for the duration of your class.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
- You have the option of having the pattern posted you before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in class! We recommend using the table of measurements on the website under the tab ‘fabric requirements’.
- This class is limited to 4 people.
Fabric is not included in this class. You'll want to pick a striped or checked fabric for this class, if you're unsure of the scale we can help you with that.
Ideally it is best to prewash your fabric before your class, as all fabric will shrink a little on the first wash. However if you go for our laundered linens these have already been pre washed.
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.