Make the Eve Trousers
Level – Intermediate
This is a new pattern which has not been released yet. The Eve trousers are a classic everyday trousers, fitted at the natural waist, with a slightly tapered leg, back pockets and side zip. Wear them slightly cropped with or without a turn up.
These trousers work well in a variety of fabrics, once you have made one that fit you’ll want multiples!
This is an ideal first trouser pattern, but we do ask you have completed some other dressmaking projects such as the Camber, Top 64 or Fielder as a minimum.
We will cover the following:
- How to follow a paper pattern, learning about the pattern markings and what they mean.
- Following a lay plan and cutting out your fabric correctly.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Inserting a side lapped zip.
- Attaching a waistband.
- Tweaking fitting issues.
- Understanding dressmaking terminology.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
What is included in your class:
- Lunch on both days.
- Eve pattern.
- Machine threads.
- A Bernina sewing machine and overlocker. We ask that you don’t bring your own sewing machine please.
- 10% discount in the Rye shop for the duration of your class.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and small snacks.
- A Merchant & Mills notebook and pencil.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
Fabric is not included in this class. We recommend medium weight denims and cotton canvases, tencel linen, laundered linen, corduroy and lightweight wools.
Ideally it is best to prewash your fabric before your class, as all fabric will shrink a little on the first wash. However if you go for our laundered linens these have already been pre washed.
You will be sent the fabric requirements for Eve upon booking.
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.
We reserve the right to cancel the class giving you a two weeks notice. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled.