Summer Sewing Retreat
The Summer Sewing retreat is a chance to spend a week sewing and learning without the distractions of every day life. Rye is a wonderful place to spend a week, it is quintessentially English town near the coast and shines in the Summer months.
On this retreat you will be able to work on any Merchant & Mills project, including patterns from the Workbook. The class is led by our head seamstress Chrissie who has developed all of our patterns and instructions with Carolyn. There is nothing she doesn’t know and it’s a unique experience to be able soak up all her knowledge!
We welcome all levels for this retreat, as there are two tutors this enables everyone to get the attention they need.
What is included in your class fee:
- 5 night stay including breakfast at ‘The Whitehouse,’ in the heart of Rye. Mon night – Fri night inclusive.
- A welcome evening at the shop with wine, where you meet your tutors, fellow students and Carolyn.
- 3 and a half days tuition, with two experienced tutors.
- A beautiful seasonal lunch supplied by the Whitehouse on all days.
- An afternoon at Great Dixter.
- A farewell 3 course feast with your tutors at The Whitehouse including wine.
- 3 patterns of your choice.
- 10% off all purchases in the shop.
The studio is above the shop, so we have all fabric and notions on hand. You will be using an array of Merchant & Mills tools. We have Bernina sewing machines and two overlockers.
Each student has ample space in which to cut out and work in, with plentiful natural light.
Rooms can be shared with one other guest. The class is limited to 6 students.
Travel to Rye is not included in your class fee.
If you have any queries about this retreat or would like to pay in installments you can email us on email@example.com.
Fabric is not included in the class fee. The shop is on hand downstairs for everything you need.
We will be in touch nearer the time to see if you have an idea what you'd like to make just so our tutors can prepare. We have an array of samples that you can try on in our shop so you may change your mind when you're here!
We can send you any fabric samples on the lead up to the class, as well as meterage if you'd like to do any pre washing of cloth. A lot of our cloth is laundered linen which you don't need to pre wash as it's been washed at the mill.
OUT OF STOCK
Our courses are non refundable unless we have a reserve list, and we can fill your space.