11oz Hemp/Organic Cotton£23.50/metre
A very sustainable cloth – a hemp/organic cotton denim in a dark inky shade with lovely white slubs.
Hemp is a densely grown plant that literally literally chokes out any competing plants. This means harsh chemical herbicides aren’t necessary. Hemp also naturally reduces pests, so no pesticides are needed. It also returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes from the soil. Hemp production requires much less water than cotton say, and only requires a small amount of land to cultivate.
- 55% hemp/45% organic cotton
- 143cm wide
- OEKO Tex Certified
- Made in China
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.