12.5oz French Cotton/Linen£28.00/metre
A very special denim made in a tiny mill in eastern France by a craftsman weaver. He handles all the steps from sourcing the yarns, preparing them to weaving and finishing.
80% cotton/20% linen.The denim has a white selvedge.
12.5oz/425gsm. 134cm wide. 100% cotton, no stretch.
We would recommend using this denim for our Heroine jeans, Ottoline jacket, TN31 Parka, or Eve trousers. This cloth has beautiful speckles and we would say it is a grey blue. The denim has been pre washed but we recommend doing your own pre washing too.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.