13oz Tumbled Black£10.50/metre
Heavyweight black denim with a twill weave. 13oz/440gsm. 160cm wide. 100% cotton, no stretch. This has been tumbled at the mill for softness.
A fabulous old school cloth that will last forever and improve with wear. Great for interiors, bags, jackets, aprons and of course jeans!
Tumbled Black denim is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Haremere coat.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
- This is an ex designer fabric so we have a limited quantity. Buying overstock fabric helps divert fabric from landfill.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.