12oz Grey Canvas Twill£12.50/metre
This is a classic cotton twill that is suitable for jackets, coats, bags, and trousers that require some structure, like our Eve pattern. The grey has a slight blueness to it.
- 100% cotton.
- 149cm wide, 393gsm or 12oz.
- Wash at 30/40 degrees with a non bio detergent.
- For colour accuracy we always recommend ordering a swatch – click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.