6.5oz Dressweight Denim13.50/metre
A dressweight denim, one step up from a chambray. Can be used for an array of our patterns, see ‘suitable patterns’ for options.
This denim will continue to soften and lighten slightly upon continual washing.
- 100% cotton.
- 6.5oz or 220gsm.
- 165cm wide.
- Country of origin; India
- Wash at 30 degrees with a non bio detergent, on a low spin.
- As all computer monitors show colours differently, we recommend ordering a sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project. To do so click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with non bio detergent on a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
- When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.