*Limited stock, this product is being discontinued*
A mottled trip grey ikat weave. A slightly heavier summer cotton, the texture of a canvas but soft. Suitable for tops, dresses, shirts, and loose fitting trousers. 140cm wide.
Ikat is a resist dyeing technique where the threads used for weaving are dyed beforehand. The Ikat threads are bound in a pattern so that the threads covered by the binding ‘resist’ the dye, creating a design. The more binding done before weaving, the more complicated the pattern.
- 112cm wide.
- 100% cotton.
- For the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye to prevent it running.
- As Indian our cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- If you would like to order a sample of this cloth, please click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All: 496
Chief Grey is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Heron and Strides.