Field and Farm£14.00/metre
Brightly coloured ikat weave.
Ikat is a resist dyeing technique where the threads used for weaving are dyed beforehand. The Ikat threads are bound in a pattern so that the threads covered by the binding ‘resist’ the dye, creating a design. The more binding done before weaving, the more complicated the pattern.
Suitable for dresses, tops, shirts, and looser fitting trousers or shorts.
- 115cm wide.
- 100% cotton.
- Square size 2 x 1.5cm.
- Ikat cloths are prone to slubs and often have ties in the cloth where one weaver ends and another begins, the ties will be on the wrong side of the cloth and we will endeavour to point this out on your packing slip if we see any. These are not flaws.
- For the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye to prevent it running.
- As Indian our cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- If you would like to order a sample of this cloth, please click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 555.
Field and Farm is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam and Heron.