12oz French Pima Cotton/Linen£38.00/metre
*Limited stock, this product is being discontinued*
A very special denim linen made in a tiny mill in eastern France by a craftsman weaver. He handles all the steps from sourcing the yarns, preparing them to weaving and finishing. This denim linen is made with Pima cotton, which is a very high quality and durable yarn. The type of linen yarn is fairly unprocessed which gives the surface of the denim a slightly wiry appearance (although is not wiry to the touch at all).
The denim has a white selvedge, and the blue is a blue/grey.
- 50% pima cotton, 50% linen.
- 130cm wide.
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the colour can bleach and fade.
- For colour accuracy we always recommend ordering a swatch – click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
We would recommend using this denim for our Heroine jeans, Harlene dungarees, Ottoline jacket, TN31 Parka, or Eve trousers. The denim has been pre washed but we recommend doing your own pre washing too.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.