Washed Western Twill£17.00/metre
A washed Italian cotton twill with a slightly distressed French workwear feel. This cloth is similar to ‘Washed Jackson Twill’ but this one is more distressed/washed out.
This is an overstock fabric. Overstock fabric is excess fabric from fashion designers, movie sets, and fabric mills that is no longer needed for the job it was originally intended for. It is not re order able, so when it’s gone, it’s really gone!
This is a very versatile cloth that works for many of our patterns, trousers, jackets, overshirts, and dresses that require some structure.
- 100% cotton
- 152cm wide
- Approximately 8oz
- Country of origin; Italy
- Wash at 30/40 degrees
We recommend pre washing your cloth before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight cloth into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your cloth on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your cloth in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the cloth already wet.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.
- Please enter at least 0.5m