This is beautifully versatile cloth that works for so many of our patterns, it has a soft fluid drape with a matte finish. The small amount of linen gives the fabric more body and a slightly slubby finish. It also makes it easier to work with!
Suitable for dresses, tops, trousers and even lightweight jackets. This cloth is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam, Heron, Strides, Curlew and Saltmarsh.
- 154cm wide.
- 85% Tencel. 15% linen.
- Made in Turkey and Oeko-Tex certified.
- There is 6% shrinkage with the first wash.
- Wash cool on a delicate cycle with non-bio detergent and a gentle spin.
- Submerge fabric in water before putting in the drum.
- Do not tumble. Shake out and dry flat.
- The surface texture of Tencel will go more chalky and less sheeny once washed and lived in.
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the colour can bleach and fade.
- If you would like to order a sample of this cloth, please click on the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 111.
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
- Please enter at least 0.5m
Sample shipping is free. (Royal Mail 1st class post)
Everything else is £4.95. (DPD courier 1 – 5 days).
We offer a free shipping option for orders over £75. (DPD courier)
Next day by noon orders £15. (DPD courier) Please note you must place your order by noon to receive by noon the next day. If you order on a Friday you will receive your order on Monday by noon. If you order on a Saturday or Sunday you will receive your order on Tuesday before noon.