Tencel Twill 350 Peggy Yellow£16.50/metre
This 350 Tencel has a soft deep twill, a beautiful drape and the colours have a matte finish. We think this 350 Tencel range is a great winter alternative to wool. ‘350’ refers to the weight of the cloth – 350gsm. Our other Tencel twill is 180gsm for comparison. There is very limited stock as unfortunately we have now discontinued the 350 tencel range.
To see which of our patterns we suggest for this cloth click on ‘Suitable Patterns.’
- 100% Tencel
- 150cm wide
- Wash at 30 degrees on a delicate cycle, with a low spin setting, using non bio detergent. Do not tumble.
- If you can submerge the fabric in water before washing to prevent any white lines from appearing.
- If you are using this cloth for curtains we recommend using a lining to prevent fading.
- This tencel is Oeko-Tex certified.
- Made in Turkey.
- For colour accuracy we always recommend ordering a swatch – click the buy tab to add a swatch to the cart.
More about Tencel:
Tencel is a cellulose fibre, which like rayon is made by dissolving wood pulp. It is durable, resistant to wrinkles and has the silkiest drape to handle.
It has excellent natural breathability with 50% greater moisture absorption than cotton. Making it a good choice for those with sensitive skin. It is also anti- bacterial and thermoregulating.
The process of Tencel production ameliorates much of its own environmental effects. Like cotton, Tencel is made from plant materials. However, manufacturing Tencel requires less energy and water than cotton. The solvents used to turn the wood pulp into fibre are contained in a closed loop system, with a quoted recovery rate of 99%. As a naturally derived fibre, Tencel is also biodegradable.
Although it is dyed conventionally (which can be harmful to the environment), Tencel requires a lot less dye than cotton. The manufacturers are actively striving towards greener, cleaner and more efficient production and are currently investing in new, renewable energy sources.
- Please enter at least 0.5m