Mid-heavy weight cotton denim. 12oz/405gsm. 165cm wide. 100% cotton, no stretch.
Great for interiors, bags, jackets, aprons and of course our Heroine jeans! GOTS certified. Made in India.
Rider is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Haremere coat.
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash.
- Sink your denim in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the denim already wet.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the garment we would recommend washing it inside out.