Heroine Jeans Kit in River Valley Denim (Sizes 14 – 18)£63.00
This kit contains everything you need to make the Heroine jeans in sizes 14-18.
1 x Heroine Jeans pattern
2.05m’s of 11.5oz River Valley denim
0.35m of pocket fabric (Finnhamn stripe cotton/linen blend)
1 x metal jeans zip
1 x 18mm simple metal button
1 x Gutermann topstitch thread (jeans yellow)
1 x Gutermann bobbin thread (jeans yellow)
1 x Gutermann navy thread
Please note the jeans in the picture have been washed many many times.
A note about pre washing your denim:
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash. You don’t need to use detergent if you don’t want to.
- Wet the fabric first before putting it into the drum.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help. Or if you have your pattern already you may be able to break it into smaller parts by looking at the lay plan – leave some wiggle room!
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.
When you have made the jeans we would recommend washing them inside out.