European laundered linen, tumbled at the mill for softness. Like kicking through Autumn leaves.
This linen has an enzyme wash, this gives it a slightly distressed finish. It is dyed with a wash out dye which means it will gradually lose colour over time.
The 185 dress weight linen is our go to linen for all dress making and is what we use for many of our samples. It is a great match for all of our patterns, dresses, tops and loose fitting trousers. It is suitable for the all of the patterns in our Workbook.
This linen also works well for lighter curtains for a casual less refined look.
It is produced in small batches in Eastern Europe where there is a strong heritage of spinning and weaving linen fabric. Our 185 linen collection is woven in a mill run on green energy and is Oeko-Tex certified.
This 185 collection is a stock range so we should always have plenty in stock.
- 143cm wide.
- 5.5oz, 185gsm.
- 100% linen.
- Wash at 30 degrees with a non bio detergent. Do not tumble. Shake out and dry flat. Dark colours may bleed initially so wash separately. Linen will always seize up after washing but as soon as you start to use/wear it the fibres relax again.
- If you are using this linen for curtains we recommend using a lining to prevent fading.
- Never dry linen in direct sunlight as the colour can bleach and fade.
- This linen is Oeko-Tex certified.
- The dyes used on this cloth are GOTS certified.
- As all computer monitors show colours differently, we recommend ordering a sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 448.
* Please note that different batches of cloth may vary slightly. If you are unsure, we would recommend getting an up to date sample.
* Model photos are to show how our 185 linen range sews up. Ellis dress in Goodnight 185, Sunday dressing gown in Scuttle Black 185, Etta dress in Milk 185.