A beautifully textured burnt umber. This is a soft, mid-weight cotton which would make a beautiful shirt.
Perfect for tops, light dresses - lined or with a fuller shape, lightweight trousers, pyjamas, and lightweight breezy curtains.
- 114cm wide.
- 100% cotton.
- Country of origin; India.
- Please note - as this is a handloom cotton and dyed with myrobolan (an Indian tree bark) the fabric will not be a flat colour, but with have a wavy stripey affect.
- For the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye to prevent it running.
- As Indian our cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- For colour accuracy we always recommend ordering a swatch.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All: 650
Burnt Umber is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam and Heron.