A sustainable rain fed, handloomed brown cotton with a naturally dyed indigo windowpane check.
This type of naturally brown cotton is pest and drought resistant which completely changes the way the cotton is farmed, without the need for chemicals or artificial irrigation. This cloth has been produced in a way that is focused on ecological sustainability, social justice, and economic stability for the farmers and weavers.
This cloth would be beautiful for both clothing and interiors. Suitable for dresses, tops and skirts. We would make a Florence top or an Ellsworth shirt.
Grown, spun, and woven by hand in India.
- 118cm wide.
- 100% cotton.
- 3.5oz, 119gsm
- Check size - 5cm.
- Handwash in cold water with mild detergent. Do not dry in direct sunlight.
- Starch is applied to strengthen the yarn during the weaving process this will come out after a few washes.
- As our Indian cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- This cloth can vary in colour from batch to batch, so we recommend ordering a recent sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 179.
Wild Indigo is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam, Saltmarsh and Heron.