Best quality heavy weight dry oilskin made in the UK.
Rust red/orange. The finish is drier and crisper than our other oilskins with a matte appearance.
This type of oilskin is water resistant, so this means that the water doesn’t completely run off it, but it won’t come through to the other side either. Unlike normal oilskin there would be no oil transfer so you don’t need to line your garment or bag.
Expedition would be great for a heavy weight Jack Tar bag or RTR Rucksack.
- 155cm wide.
- 13.7oz, 464gsm – heavy and sturdy.
- Organic cotton.
- Country of origin; UK.
- Treated with an emulsified wax. This binds a wax-based product with water to give a non-oily finish. The solutions are heat-processed into the cloth for a longer lasting finish and higher performance. The finish is vegan.
- This material can be washed by hand, but it would need re-proofing with our spray and the surface does change, so it is best to avoid any washing if you can.
- Do not iron, just finger press.
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin.
- As all computer monitors show colours differently, we recommend ordering a sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 221.
All our oilskins are sent folded unless otherwise requested. There is an additional charge for oilskin orders totalling less than 10m to be sent rolled. Please see our FAQ section for details.