A fine light weight knitted jersey in a thin charcoal stripe on a white background. Perfect for a summer weight Tee shirt or a Fielder top.
This cloth is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam, Heron and Saltmarsh.
- 166cm wide.
- 4.9oz, 165gsm.
- 55% hemp, 45% organic cotton.
- Wash at 30/40 degrees, with a non bio detergent.
- Country of origin; China.
- Oeko-Tex certified.
- We do not recommend drying this cloth in the sun or using it for anything that will sit in direct sunlight because the colour can bleach and fade.
- For colour accuracy we always recommend ordering a swatch – click the ‘buy’ tab and then ‘add sample to cart’.
- Fabric can be ordered in 10cm increments. The minimum order is half a metre. For example, if you want 2.8m’s this is what you type in the box.
We have other colours in this range, you can see these by clicking on the 'alternative fabrics' tab.
More about Hemp:
Hemp and marijuana are both the same species of plant separated only by selective breeding. Hemp is extremely durable, up to three times stronger than cotton. It’s soft to touch, and can hold its shape well. Hemp is naturally breathable and highly water absorbent.
It is hypo-allergenic, UV resistant, anti-fungal and thermoregulating.
Hemp behaves and looks much like linen. It is also grown and processed in a similar way, yet it can yield twice as much fibre as flax. It has a short growing period of about 100 days and so can be planted and harvested up to four times a year. The cultivation process naturally reduces pests and returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes into the soil. It requires little water or pesticides and no fertilisers. It is the most carbon negative crop, absorbing more carbon dioxide than it produces.