Unique hand block print from Jaipur. Indigo Moon is slightly heavier than our other block prints, it is more like a soft canvas. Suitable for dresses, tops, shirts, and trousers that require some structure.
Our block printed cloths are printed by hand using traditional techniques and coloured with natural dyes. They will never be perfectly printed like a digital printed cloth, but we find this part of their charm.
Only available in 0.5M increments.
- 148cm wide.
- 100% organic cotton.
- Spot size 5cm.
- Country of origin; India.
- Indigo Moon is slightly heavier than our other block prints, it is more like a soft canvas. Suitable for dresses, tops, shirts, and trousers that require some structure.
- As this cloth is heavily dyed with natural indigo we recommend for the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye, however the indigo will continue to come out and lose colour over time. We find the block prints get softer with each wash and wear very well. The white spots my become more blue over time.
- Please note: This is only produced in 5m pieces, if you order over 5m’s it will not be sent in a continuous piece.
- As Indian our cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- As all computer monitors show colours differently, we recommend ordering a sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 711.
Indigo Moon is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Saltmarsh, Strides and Haremere,