We are very excited to be welcoming Ali from Francli Craftwear as a visiting teacher for this class. It is a rare opportunity to be taught by the designer of the pattern and such a bag making specialist. This class will be a one off, never to be repeated!
The Day Pack is a practical rucksack designed by Francli Craftwear in collaboration with Merchant & Mills. Play with hardy fabrics and unique M&M hardware to create a bespoke pack for everyday life and adventures further afield. With water bottle pockets and internal laptop pocket. There are 3 different fabric parts to the bag, the contrast (bottom and back piece), the lining and the main fabric of the bag. You can go a little heavier for the contrast fabric as you’ll be putting this down on the floor potentially and the back piece will have wear and tear against your back!
This is an intermediate sew – if you have any questions about your suitability for the class you can email us on [email protected].
There are 6 places on this class and you will have two teachers – Ali from Francli Craftwear and Katie who heads up our Sewing School. The class runs from 10 – 5 on all 3 days.
What is included in your class fee:
- A beautiful seasonal lunch on all days.
- Plentiful teas, coffees and cake at the studio.
- The Francli Day Pack paper and PDF pattern.
- 10% off all purchases in the shop.
- Note materials are not included in the class fee. These can be purchased on the day, or we can send ahead of time. We are always happy to send fabric swatches so you can see the fabrics in person.