Level - Intermediate
Learn how to make the Eve trousers over 2 days in the Merchant & Mills Studio with the help of two teachers.
The Eve trousers are a classic everyday trousers, fitted at the natural waist, with a slightly tapered leg, back pockets and side zip. Wear them slightly cropped with or without a turn up.
You can make the Eve trousers in UK sizes 6 - 28. Sizes 18 - 28 include an elasticated waist band.
This is an ideal first trouser pattern, but we do ask you have completed some other dressmaking projects.
We will cover the following:
- How to follow a paper pattern, learning about the pattern markings and what they mean.
- Following a lay plan and cutting out your fabric correctly.
- Learning the art of pairing fabric and pattern.
- Measuring yourself and selecting the correct size.
- Inserting a side lapped zip.
- Attaching a waistband.
- Understanding dressmaking terminology.
- Suitable seam finishes for different fabrics.
What is included in your class:
- The Eve pattern.
- A beautiful seasonal lunch on all days.
- 10% off all purchases in the shop.
- Plentiful supply of tea/coffee and cake.
- All relevant Merchant & Mills tools and notions.
- You have the option of having the pattern posted to your before the class to cut out. If you know the size you are going to make this will give you more sewing time in the class!
- We can pre launder your chosen cloth ahead of the class so it is ready to start cutting.
- The studio day is from 10am till 5pm.