A sustainable rain fed, handloomed brown cotton patchwork cloth. A truly unique hand patchwork cloth with no piece the same. Beautifully finished seams on the reverse ready to be made up into distinctive interiors or clothing.
This type of naturally brown cotton is pest and drought resistant which completely changes the way the cotton is farmed, without the need for chemicals or artificial irrigation. This cloth has been produced in a way that is focused on ecological sustainability, social justice, and economic stability for the farmers and weavers.
Hand sewn together by rural artisans.
Woven together with a combination of undyed and naturally dyed yarns.
Suitable for dresses, tops and skirts. We would make a shepherd skirt or an Edie top.
Grown, spun, and woven by hand in India.
- 148cm wide.
- 100% cotton.
- 3.5oz, 119gsm.
- All made using natural dyes.
- Handwash in cold water with mild detergent. Do not dry in direct sunlight.
- Starch is applied to strengthen the yarn during the weaving process this will come out after a few washes.
- As our Indian cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- This cloth can vary in colour from batch to batch, so we recommend ordering a recent sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 179.
*Please note that this cloth is completely unique so each cut length will vary, with colours and tones remaining the same throughout.