Indigo blue and white ikat weave. A summer weight dressmaking cotton. Suitable for breezy tops, dresses and loose fitting trousers.
Ikat is a resist dyeing technique where the threads used for weaving are dyed beforehand. The Ikat threads are bound in a pattern so that the threads covered by the binding 'resist' the dye, creating a design. The more binding done before weaving, the more complicated the pattern.
- 115cm wide.
- 100% summer weight cotton.
- For the first couple of washes, place the fabric in the washing machine drum at 30 or 40 degrees with a handful of table salt. This will help fix the dye to prevent it running.
- As Indian our cloths are handmade, sometimes susceptible to irregularities in the weave or print, this is all part of their charm and are not classed as flaws.
- As all computer monitors show colours differently, we recommend ordering a sample of the cloth to check it is the right colour and weight for your project.
- Thread match Gutermann Sew All 310.
Stormy Ikat Blue is suitable for the following patterns in our Workbook: Bantam and Heron.