Inspired by the fisherman of Brittany this simple top or dress could become a wardrobe staple. Slim fitted top our A line dress with an inside breast pocket and pockets in the side seams.
Size UK 6 - 18.
All seam allowances are 1.5cm unless otherwise stated.
Skill level - advanced beginner.
Fabric suggestions - 5 - 10oz non stretch denim, cotton chambray, cotton weaves, linen and corduroy.
A note about pre washing your denim if you are going to use a mid-heavy denim for your Francine:
We recommend pre washing your denim before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight denim into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the denim, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Wash your denim on its own for the first wash. You don't need to use detergent if you don't want to.
- Wet the fabric first before putting it into the drum.
- If you can break up your denim fabric into half this will help. Or if you have your pattern already you may be able to break it into smaller parts by looking at the lay plan - leave some wiggle room!
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin.
- If any white creases develop ironing whilst still damp will help.
- Do not tumble dry.