We are looking for a part time retail assistant, you’ll be working in our online dispatch team with occasional help needed in the shop. Please note this is not a creative role. We are looking for somebody to work Monday – Thursday, 9 – 5.
Ideally, we are looking for an early December start date, but this is flexible. We normally ask potential candidates to come into the shop for a paid trial day. If you are successful, full training will be given.
Your duties will include:
- Cutting and folding fabric orders, with speed and precision.
- Gathering and collating all items for orders accurately.
- Booking out orders with couriers, preparing documents.
- Taking in deliveries from our warehouse.
- Serving in our shop, advising customers about their projects confidently.
- When our sewing school reopens you’ll be required to set up the space and potentially meet and greet students.
- Experience working in a retail environment is beneficial.
- Excellent customer service manner.
- Positive can do attitude with an abundance of energy!
- Sewing knowledge is a bonus.
- A familiarity of our brand and patterns is desirable.
- You’ll need to be able to lift heavy rolls and boxes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to multi task, work well in a team and take direction well.
- Experience working in online dispatch is a desirable, but not essential.
Merchant & Mills Benefits:
- 30% discount on all products.
- A monthly cloth allowance to make up one of our patterns.
- All patterns are free.
- Bi monthly appointments to a local wellness centre.
- Opportunity to grow and progress within a small but growing business.
- The starting wage for all employees is the real living wage.
- 15 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Michelle on [email protected] by 20th November. In your covering letter please include answers to these 3 questions.
- Somebody comes into the shop on a weekend and wants to start sewing – what suggestions would you make?
- Tell us about the most recent thing you’ve made.
- What is your favourite fabric to sew with?