Merchant & Mills, a market-leading retailer/wholesaler of fabric, haberdashery, and dressmaking patterns is looking for a dynamic person to lead a small team within our busy warehouse. Reporting to our warehouse team lead, wholesale and operations managers, you will have the following responsibilities to cover:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the warehouse, goods in, and stock dispatch.
- Inspecting and approving the quality and quantity of goods or equipment received and shipped out, reporting any damaged or missing goods
- Put stock away in organised system, adjusting locations where required
- Completing regular stock checks
- Picking and transferring stock for completion of wholesale orders and shop restocking.
- Working with the wholesale team to cover the packing of wholesale orders when required.
- Respond to stock enquiries from the team where required.
- Work with team to introduce new systems and procedures to improve workflow.
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Enforcing health standards, safety and security procedures in the workplace
- Meeting regularly with the management team to assess, analyse and develop actionable plans for loss prevention and productivity.
- Treating stock with care and concern at all times.
- Driving licence
- Physical strength, fitness, and dexterity, as the role requires lifting heavy goods and working at elevated heights
- Practical and pro-active.
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work collaboratively and flexibly within the team.
- Ability to work to instruction and on your own initiative where required
- Computer literate
- Experience with stock management systems
Merchant & Mills Benefits:
- 30% discount on all products.
- A monthly cloth allowance to make up one of our patterns.
- All patterns are free.
- Bi monthly appointments to a local wellness centre.
- Opportunity to grow and progress within a small but growing business.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,500.00-£24,500.00 per year
Please send your CV and covering letter to Anna on [email protected] by 14th February. Suitable applicants will be interviewed immediately and the position may be withdrawn without notice.