Merchant & Mills, a market-leading retailer/wholesaler of fabric, haberdashery, and dressmaking patterns is looking for a dynamic person to work in a small team within our busy warehouse. Reporting to our warehouse team lead, wholesale and operations managers, you will have the following responsibilities to cover:
To work with the warehouse team to process wholesale orders; check off stock deliveries; prepare orders for dispatch; support team with stock checks; assist with retail restocking; which will involve manual handling.
Your duties will include:
- Fulfilling wholesale orders – following order processing procedure. Picking stock from storage unit, breaking down cloth and then packing orders. Inspecting quality and quantity during picking/packing.
- Reporting any stock anomalies or queries to stock team.
- Preparing parcels for dispatch when required.
- Goods-in inspecting & labelling.
- Understanding and complying with Health & Safety procedures both with within the warehouse/yard and on-site
- Receive in pallet deliveries to unit when required and work with team to check off against purchase order.
- Effective stock control including involvement with biannual stock counts and interim checks
- Ensure cloth is stored appropriately and spaces are kept clear and tidy.
- Proven ability to multi-task and complete a variety of tasks as above, to a high standard.
- Work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work flexibly within a busy environment.
- Well organised, practical and pro-active.
- Good accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritise and work with own initiative to deadlines.
- Driving licence
- Manual handling experience is desirable.
Merchant & Mills Benefits:
- 30% discount on all products.
- A monthly cloth allowance to make up one of our patterns.
- All patterns are free.
- Bi monthly appointments to a local wellness centre.
- Opportunity to grow and progress within a small but growing business.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£20,000.00 per year
Please send your CV and covering letter to Anna on [email protected] by 11th February.